Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sunday morning


It's Sunday morning here.... I think I am finally able to download some of the pictures of the house. It is my goal to be better about showing pictures on this blog!

I'm sorry it's been a few weeks since I've updated. Shortly, after returning home from the meeting, I was sick. That cut my week--my one week before I had to be at school for meetings--very short with lots to do in those few remaining days. Then, this past week, I spent at school learning the phonics program in a five day seminar. This coming week, we will have some meetings at school and then school starts next week.

We are in the midst of getting ready for school...updating uniforms, buying underwear, getting haircuts, and shoes....all those last minute things you do before school starts. We now need to order new pants and skirts for Malia and get the boys shorts altered....they are being passed down and we will be ready to go. We will need to do this on Monday to make sure that Malia has something to wear on the first day of school :>! She has truly grown in the last few months and can wear none of the old clothes. Hopefully, this will be her last growing year! :> Around this time, is when I stopped growing. She still is not taller than me, but it is getting very close. I keep telling her she's not going to surpass me. She keeps telling me she is!

This week, Kel and Malia are headed back to Singapore on Friday for a medical trip. Some of her test results from the previous trip showed that she had some positive titers for Lyme disease (which if I understand correctly shows that she has had Lyme disease in the past) and they are going to do some follow up blood tests on that as well as see another Dr. from follow up from our trip. For a special treat, he is taking her to see The King and I musical! We bought her a new dress to wear. At first she said she was only wearing jeans--the age, I guess--but it didn't take her long to get into the shopping mood and we found a dress in record time!

The others and I are going on a staff retreat with the school start on Thursday and Friday. Pray that we can have a productive fun filled week before the kids start their first week, next week!

They received their class lists and teacher names yesterday and they are all very excited about this new year.

I will try to download some of the pics on my camera now!

No comments: