Friday, July 20, 2007

What a week!

The week is over! It was a success. I am so grateful to the volunteers who came to serve us. They were an exceptional group and were true servants!

The week began with a big bang when Savannah fainted on the first day of the meeting up on stage helping to lead worship. It happened to be my bday...and I found myself saying, "Happy Birthday!" :> Thankfully, there was a dr. available who did a great exam and found all to be well. He said it is actually not abnormal for adolescents to faint...we are guessing she may have been dehydrated. She was fine the rest of the week.

I had a great birthday! My friends gave me a party...we had homemade hamburgers and it was a great party. I am so grateful for all the gifts and fun that I had. Yes, it was the first bday in 44 years that I have not talked to my mom and dad---and I hope to make up for that soon! I am grateful that I have been able to go this long with talking to them every birthday. Next year I will be in the states so we should be able to continue to tradition!

It was such a treat to be around zack! He and Kelly are so much alike and it's just fun to have him around. I wish he could have stayed longer and brought the rest of his family!

We have been breaking in the new game! According to Noah we are not breaking it in nearly enough since we have not been able to finish a game. Maybe we can remedy that tomorrow. WE are taking vacation time this next week as we take a breath and get ready for the school year. The next week I have to be at school for a training.

No comments: