Thursday, July 5, 2007

One of those weeks.....

Three nights ago we received a phone call at about 9pm from a friends daughter (she's 10) who said, "Aunt Jamie, my mama and my daddy are really sick. I just wanted you to know." I asked her if I needed to come and she said yes. As soon as I walked in the door she said, "Aunt Jamie, my mama needs you very much." We went upstairs and Kim and Quinton were both down with a stomach virus but Kim was very dehydrated and needed to go to the hospital. We called a Dr. friend and he and Kelly carried her to the car. I spent the night at the hospital with her. She's home and better now.

The next night was 4th of July night and I was exhausted so I went to bed at about 9pm as soon as we got home. I woke up at 10:30 because Sage was screaming and my first thought was "I can't believe Kelly is letting them stay up so late..." Then I heard Noah say something like, "of all the nights for mom to go to bed...." :> I decided to drag myself out of bed...Sage was still wailing. Noah had thrown up from the loft... Sage had started gagging and tried to escape the room and tripped and had a hard fall so since he was half asleep just started screaming. I looked at him to make sure he was fine and turned around and went back to bed. (I'm wondering if I was still half asleep...but Kel had it all taken care of--What a man!)

Then yesterday while I was in the middle of finishing getting dinner ready for guests, the boys were playing soccer and kicked the soccer ball into the water pipe and it broke...which meant the water in the tank was all we had until it could be fixed and of course this is around 4:30 in the afternoon--which meant we would need to wait until morning. There was also a slow leak which meant we had to turn the water off and on when we wanted to use it (from outside). The boys first of all had to figure out how to stop the water from gushing out....they figured it out after about 10 minutes. Then, as I was trying to figure out what to do next...Noah comes running in and Sage had taken a fall and was hit in the head with a metal swing. I was on my way to the park and Quinton comes carrying him home...he's covered in blood. I start cleaning and exploring to figure out the extent of the damage and finally find a small hole. I don't think it needs to be stitched, just cleaned. It ended up oozing all night. My main concern is keeping his dirty hands out of it!

We enjoyed our time with our friends last night!

Now the water pipes are being fixed and hopefully all will be right soon. Tonight Kelly and I are going out to dinner with a group of friends to celebrate a friends birthday. I'm looking forward to that.

Zack arrives on Monday evening. The meeting starts next Sat. Daddy Bob is home and gaining strength each day.

Angela, who I wrote about yesterday, continues to struggle. Here is the latest update on her:


Angela remained in much the same condition overnight. When we left last evening, she was getting nutrition through a gastro-nasal tube and that was going well. Today, however, her bowel function is not good and the doctor has decided to start IV nutrition this afternoon. Her eyes today are more dilated and not responding to light.

Preliminary results of the lumbar puncture show some indication of encephalitis. Her primary care physician said he had never seen encephalitis present like this but it is possible that if she had a stomach virus last week, the virus could have caused the encephalitis. They are also checking for West Nile Virus but the results of that test will not be back for 6 - 7 days. She has been on antibiotics in case there is a bacterial infection of some sort.

We continue to be in awe at the amount of love and support we are receiving. We've had phone calls and emails from around the world and know that Angela is being prayed for 24 hours a day. Our desire in all this is that Jesus be glorified. We are trying to take every opportunity to share the hope that is within us.
Thursday July 5, 2007 - 02:27pm (CDT)

No comments: