Monday, August 13, 2007

The other night we were driving home from a movie and saw and elephant coming towards us down the street. I told Kelly, "just in case we begin to forget we live in Thailand." Can't say I've ever been in America and coming home from the movie saw an elephant on it's way home. We saw the new Bourne movie. We liked it. We rented the other two to watch first so we could remember. I think it helped us enjoy this one.

I have agreed to take on the responsibility of dorm committee chairman. I was pretty much doing the job anyway. So, now, at least I officially have the teeth. Not that I really wanted it. Please pray for me. I feel underqualified for this. I also feel like I don't have alot of time to give to it. The main thing we are doing right now is lining up dorm sitters for the two dorms for the nights off this semester.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I think we are all ready--physically--but mentally? I'm not sure any of us are ready.

Kelly and Malia had a good trip to Singapore. They enjoyed the musical and had good dr. appt's. M was also able to spend time with her friend.

Please pr with me about the dorms. We have career dorm parents who have been stateside who moved from the dorm in Dalat. And then we have a Masters Couple dorm parents who are finished up their term and 2nd yr in the dorm. The career couple have invested alot in the dorm and have lots of fun decor. The Masters couple has nothing. They inherited nothing and are only here temporarily. The career couple has collected over years many of these things. Pr esp. that the two couples will not compare themselves. Pr that the children will have good relationships with both couples and respect them. Pr for wise decisions from the dorm parents and the dorm committee.

I need to start an exercise program. I guess you can pr that I will have the motivation and will to do so!

No comments: