Saturday, June 2, 2007

We're heading out

We're heading out today. Our flight is this afternoon and we will spend the night in BKK. Then, early in the morning we will head to our destination. I'm not sure if we are really excited but it will be nice to get away and eat out daily. We will be staying in an apartment so we will have plenty of room.

Today is Malia's 13th Birthday! Happy Birthday, Malia. I am now the mother of a teenager. I like Paul Tripp's definition of agoing from childhood to adulthood....and expecting the teens to be young adults. Instead of expecting teens to be teens.... Get the difference? I'm sure I'll probably go into more details about this later.

The swim meet last night was loads of fun. Malia won 9 medals (2 2nds, 1 3rd and the rest 1st's) , Savannah 7,(maybe 2 2nd's and the rest 1st's?) Sage 3 (3blue ribbons) and Noah 2 (one red and one blue ribbon). Noah was disappointed he only swam in two heats--we were too, and he did very well in those two. Most of the heats were relays. Malia and Savannah both did very well. All four kids have greatly improved in their swimming abilities this year. I asked Noah if he was going to swim next year and much to my surprise he said, "Yes." He seemed to be one of the better swimmers in his age group and kind of liked it. He has always been the "one least likely to swim." (Hasn't enjoyed it but was a fish since age 3!) Seems like at least the oldest three will continue to compete. I'm not sure about Sage. It's not his best sport--and he has some good ones! But he holds his own.

I'm going to join a summer reading club. I'll try to post all the stuff here so you can keep up with what I'm reading. I'm still a little bit technologically challenged when it comes to this but have patience with me!

Blessings!

No comments: