Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where did the time go?


Malee has been accepted back at GIS for her junior yr. (next yr) Where has all the time gone? It is amazing to me that two yrs ago we decided to take her out. We are so encouraged by the independence and motivation we have seen in her this past yr. She has matured and finally taken an interest in her school work. True healing has occurred in her heart and in her body. I enjoy hanging out with her so much. I will really miss her when she goes back full time.

My girls are back in the same room. We didn't like the distance that was coming between them and had such fond memories of the best friend days when they shared a room together. We decided they each had character issues that would benefit from sharing a room again so we put them back together. It will also help tremendously with our electric bill in the hot season. Difficulty is the room is small and there wasn't much to be done about the close quarters. How did we make it their room and not just Malia's without spending a bucket of money? We prayed and asked for wisdom and unexpectedly we found 2 loft beds (used) for a very good price a few days ago. I still questioned and wondered if this was a good plan but decided to go ahead and get them and we could always resale them if they did not work out. The interesting thing is that when we first moved back to CM I wanted to purchase this type of loft bed--no frills, basic Index type furniture--but could not find this basic model anywhere. We purchased HUGE ones that did not fit in the small bedrooms we have and ended up getting rid of them. Now---5 yrs later we end up with exactly what I wanted in the first place. Is this as case of not waiting on God? I'll try to post a picture when we get them set up. We will need to figure out how to make them semi-matching bed covers and what to do about the dark purplish curtains that Savy doesn't really like.

Trying to start a new ministry with some friends here focused on red light district girls. Wondering how God will continue to lead and direct us when the three of us have limited time to put into this and very little language. Pray for wisdom to know which steps to take and how to move forward. I'm also substitute teaching in health class this week. We will be talking about pregnancy and issues involved with this.

I have lost almost thirty pounds in the last 6 months. I intentionally dieted and now am faced with needed to change my diet on a permanent basis. There are some food in-tolerances I'm dealing with. I need wisdom and discipline to discern how to move forward from here and what foods to eliminate. I know that milk products give me a problem but now I'm wondering about bread. I don't think it's gluten because I seem to do ok with other foods that have gluten in them--it just seems to be the bread issue that I have the harder time with. I would like to lose more pounds but don't want to strictly diet again. After all, rounder middle aged women look younger, right? :>

My boys are growing and changing. I have one very much man/child. It is so much fun watching this process. The other little one still has a ways to go but I am so thankful that he is still boyish. I'm thinking he doesn't quite believe that his time will come. His feet are bigger than mine. I keep telling him he will be bigger than me. Both of them are enjoying sports and enjoying friends. Enjoying school? Now that would be another issue. The younger one said to me, "Mom, Asian parents actually like for their kids to do better in school than in sports." Ha. What have I communicated to this child? Hopefully, I have communicated to him that I LOVE who God has created him to be and I LOVE that he enjoys sports so much and I am OK with who he is academically. We've been discussing who makes the best grown ups--good sportsmen or good academia's and we've concluded there are wise men who are in both categories.

No comments: