Thursday, May 3, 2007

Rainy Days!

It's finally raining everyday, here, lately! Yesterday morning, this morning.... We picked a good time to put in grass--last weekend. We pulled up the bricks that were surrounding our house (the wee bit of bricks!) and had grass put in. It looks so much fresher having that green surrounding the house. We want to add a tree (the space is very very small)--there is one that resembles a magnolia and change the flowers out front. It is my desire to have a regular gardener come but we haven't found one yet. So, the other things will need to wait.

The couches are still being made. We were supposed to be able to try them out on Wed. but of course, they were not there. This is about the 4th trip we've made...it's been 2 months??? (This is life in Asia!) The man agreed to have them on Monday so we could try them out before K leaves for his trip to V. Do you think they will actually be there???

Today is Family FUN day at Grace. Parents are invited. Kel and the children have gone. I was planning on going but since it's raining and since I've been sick all week and my throat is still quite raw, I decided to opt out of the festivities. I wasn't able to go last year. Last year, Malia and I were in Bangkok on one of her medical trips. Thank the Lord we are not at that same place this year.

She and her dad had a great time in Bangkok. Kel received thank you notes that said he was the best chaperone ever. Must have something to do with the Diplomacy game he took, wouldn't you think? They all had a blast. From all that I talked to, the train ride there and back were the highlight of the trip!

Savannah and Sage went rock climbing this week. They actually both did very well. Now, Sage wants to do it for his birthday celebration. I'm not sure we can afford it but we will check into it. Yes, he has a birthday next Thursday. Savannah had a birthday party last weekend. I took her gang of girls to see "Meet the Robinson's." Then, they went to another friends house to spend the night (for the friend's birthday). They are a great group of gals.

There are lots of holiday's here in the month of May. The kids are out today (Family FUn day...finished at noon) and Monday is also a holiday. I guess it is a trial run of the summer.

I'm practicing stenciling in my free time. I have considered doing a little on the walls but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. If the practice goes ok, I will consider doing it. A friend here has all the supplies and stencils. She shares them with those around. It's a great blessing.

Well, that is all for now. Just thought I would send a short update.

Blessings!

No comments: