Monday, May 7, 2007

My helper has been gone since Friday and tonight we had our book study at our house. I dread her being gone but then at the same time, enjoy it, too. She doesn't clean like I would like her to, so I usually take the times when she is gone to get in the kitchen with the bleach and clean it like I like it. In my opinion, bleach is a clean smell. In Kelly's opinion, bleach is a strong smell. Funny, Sage, came into the kitchen and said, "it smells so clean in here!" Ha. Anyway, she won't be here tomorrow either. And, everything is nice and clean. I'm astounded that we CAN keep it clean, if we really try. My helper likes to iron. She will spend hours ironing. She doesn't like to clean that much. I HATE to iron. I would choose cleaning over ironing anyday! :>

I was dreading book study. There is an interesting dilemma that has occurred in our small group. Two of the families own their own home. The rest of us are renters. The two that own their own homes are new to Chiangmai and their standards for their homes and decor is on a different level than ours. The positive thing about it is that they have motivated me to make some changes that will make me happier in the long run. Things that you try to tell yourself are insignificant and don't really matter but they make a world of difference to your disposition when they are done. The negative is that I was dreading having folks come over because I felt like there is just no way that our home can measure up to the same standard as theirs. I'm not sure I've ever felt that way out here. So, instead of focusing on the book, or my friends, or the fellowship.... It was needless worry.

After the study, I was so thankful that God has given me the husband/marriage/family that he has given me. Rejoicing that my husband is a Godly man who does what is right and not concerned at all about how my house looked. Of course, it still Smelled, clean, so there was pleasure in that! I'm so relieved because I was worried about how I was going to get over this obsession with things not being like theirs. When, now, I'm thanking God.... :> Wish I could go into more detail.

The girls gave a pre-garage sale with their Barbie's and Polly's since some of these couples have little girls. They ended up making about $40...which isn't a bad deal at all. I think they were thrilled. There is still a little bit left that will go into our garage sale.

One day soon, I will figure out how to upload pictures to the computer and I will take pictures of some of the changes that I am making. It's still not going to be Better Homes and Garden, but I think it will be inviting, comfortable and pleasing to be here.

No comments: