Sunday, February 25, 2007

Honeymoon weekend

Don't even ask me if the pesky flies were here this morning....I don't want to talk about it! :>

This week will be spent getting ready for our weekend get-away in which we leave on Wed. and return on Sat. to celebrate our anniversary. We have several folks who are coming over to eat with the kids, play games, take them to a movie while we are away and three adults couples lined up if there is a major issue where more farang (westerner) supervision is needed. Our helper and her daughter will be staying here with the kids. But, I have to get all the extras lined up...who will take who to basketball practice, the chess tournament and those kinds of things. I think I've got everything arranged I just need to communicate it to everyone!

Wed. is a half day at school and we will leave around noon to go to Chiangrai to a five star resort that has been given excellent reviews. Chiangrai is about a 3 hour drive from here. We picked a "city" so we could still enjoy western food---we've heard there is a Mexican restaurant nearby. I don't quite know what we will do with all that time but I'm sure we will figure out something!

Today, I'm getting my hair highlighted because that is how Kelly really likes it. I've also had some new outfits made and they will be ready at the tailor. Then, I've got to get the cupboards full of groceries and snacks.

Please pray for our friends, the Black's in V. His mother passed away and tomorrow their whole family will be heading back to the States for the funeral. He was just there a few weeks ago and was able to stop in and see her since she was not doing very well.

Please also pray for us and our get-away and the children while we are gone.

Blessings!

No comments: