Saturday, February 23, 2008

There will be weeks like these! Weeks where I forget to take out the camera! It's just not a habit yet. I hope it becomes one. We have been busy! We had two parties this week and then regular life. Two grown up parties which is almost unheard of. We have months that we never have a grown up party! My friend, San, had a birthday. We had a very nice relaxing evening celebrating that event with several other couples. Then on Friday night the adults in our small group got together and played The Newlywed Game. How Fun! We didn't win but we had a good time with all our friends. None of us are Newlyweds! The most recently wed was 16 yrs and we were 17 yrs, so we were the 2nd youngest wedded of the gang. Kelly also wrote a couple of things for the occassion. Here is the first poem. The 2nd I will have to type and send later. It reads kind of like Dr. Suess poem:

-----------
Both: House ants and love-contradictory thoughts?
Kelly: Not to my wife, she’s tied them both up

Jamie: I hate to see ants in the sink, in the house
I hate to see ants just as much as a mouse
On doors, in the halls
On floors, on the walls
I hate to see ants and I want them wiped out!

If husband was wary and truly in tune.
Then he would do something to stop these red goons
If husband still loved me and followed his vows
Then he would attack them, and rid them right NOW!

Both: House ants and love-contradictory thoughts?
Kelly: Not to my wife, she’s tied them both up

Kelly: Such joy and relief would swell in her breast
Watching her lover spray hundreds to death
Wife would be happy, so happy she’d be
She’d make lover happy, as happy as she.

Jamie I certainly know what my husband does like
What makes husband smile, what makes him feel right.

Both: House ants and love- contradictory thoughts?
Kelly: Not to this husband, he’s tied them both up.

No comments: